Use your asset to stabilize the power grid
The increased volatile feed-in of renewable energies also brought a challenge to managing grids: a stronger fluctuating grid frequency. These fluctuations need to be minimized in order to keep a stable grid. Aggregated in a Virtual Power Plant, distributed assets can play a vital role in levelling out these fluctuations. Smaller units often have a shorter reaction time and combined in a VPP they offer a higher granularity in catching fluctuations.
Options for reactive flexibility
Ancillary services from distributed assets
A stable grid is vital for a functioning power supply. Aggregated in a VPP, distributed assets can also make important contributions to the stability of a power grid.
|How ancillary services work||Getting started||Can you particpate?|
Bringing your asset to the ancillary service markets is basically done in three simple steps
- An encrypted connection is established via the Next Box remote control unit
- The unit needs to be prequalified to comply to the TSO regulations for providing ancillary services
- The asset owner receives revenues according to his contribution to grid stability
For providing ancillary services, your asset needs to provide the following features:
- Continuous power production
- Possibility for remote control of your asset
- Fast reaction time of your asset's power production
Power consumption processes of C&I consumers can play an important role in providing ancillary services and help owners to generate additional profit. The provision of reactive flexibility does not interfere with the main purpose of the industrial purpose. The operator or factory owner sets the restrictions in which the process can provide flexibility. The actual call for flexibility only uses a fraction of the entire consumption process.
|Power consumption processes||Power to X||Power producers||Your advantages|
- Continuous power consumption
- Possibility to temporarily reduce load within the consumption process
- Possibility to ramp up the consumption on short notice
- Do you have a buffer (batteries or storage tanks, silos)?
- Automated consumption control via process control technology
- Do you have your own power production on the companies premises (CHP, emergency generators, power to heat, etc.)
- Generate revenues where you usually only have costs
- Be a part of the energy transition and help stabilizing the grid
- Everything under one roof: From customer care to our technical plant integration and power trading – with Next Kraftwerke you'll never have to deal with external hotlines or other third parties
- Full transparency: no hidden costs for market access. Fixed profit sharing model
Operate your own Virtual Power Plant
Next Kraftwerke operates one of the largest Virtual Power Plants in Europe. Benefit from our experience in aggregating distributed units and establish your own Virtual Power Plant. Our VPP as a service solution NEMOCS is a SaaS product specifically developed to your needs for setting up a Virtual Power Plant.
|Connection to your aggregated assets||Display & monitoring of assets||Data visualization||High-performance data processing||Optimized asset operation||Fully-automated control|
And there's a lot more to learn about NEMOCS. For a detailed overview about our VPP as a service solution, please visit our dedicated product website.
Numbers & facts
All under one roof
Providing such services can be a challenging task – especially if providing ancillary services isn't your primary scope of business. In order to offer you the best possible service, Next Kraftwerke has all departments working under one roof at our headquarters in Cologne – from engineers, to power traders, customer relations and sales managers are here to help you help providing ancillary services as easy and smooth as possible.
Please fill out the form below to contact us regarding ancillary services from distributed assets, your demand response options or our VPP-software as a service NEMOCS.