Fereidoon Sioshansi is President of Menlo Energy Economics, a consulting firm based in San Francisco, California, with over 35 years of experience in the electric power sector.
He advises domestic and international clients on strategies to respond to the rapid transformation of the electric power business including utilities, energy intensive industry, innovators, start-ups and companies engaged in electricity delivery supply chain, regulators and policy makers.
Dr. Sioshansi is the editor and publisher of EEnergy Informer, a monthly newsletter with international circulation, now in its 30th year of publication.
His professional experience includes working at Southern California Edison Co. (SCE), Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI), NERA, and Global Energy Decisions.
Since 2006, he has edited 13 books published by Academic Press including the following:
• Variable generation, flexible demand, forthcoming in 2021
• Behind & behind the meter: Digitalization, aggregation, optimization, monetization, 2020
• Consumer, prosumer, prosumager: How service innovations will disrupt the utility business model, 2019
• Innovation and Disruption at the Grid’s Edge, 2017
• Future of Utilities, Utilities of the Future, 2016
• Distributed Generation & its implications for the utility industry, 2014